We use a combination the Oxford Reading Tree and Rigby Stars schemes in the Early Years and Key Stage 1.
They have a systematic phonics approach, as well as having six key benefits:
- Teach – Using systematic phonics resources and training that really work
- Practise – With more decodable readers than any other reading programme
- Offer richer reading – A selection of stories with children’s best-loved characters
- Bridge the gap – With support for the transition from phonics into richer reading
- Make progress – Through careful levelling
- Support parents – With detailed inside cover notes in every title
The Oxford Reading Tree scheme also includes Project X titles.