Hampstead Parochial is a voluntary aided school with deep Christian roots, originally established from the Sunday school of The Parish Church of St John-at-Hampstead (St John’s) in 1787 by Thomas Mitchell. The school was moved to its present site in 1862 when the Infant (Key Stage 1) and Junior (Key Stage 2) classrooms were built. The administration block, directly in front of the school gate, was built in the 1930s.
As a church school, we have retained close links with St John’s and Christian values underpin all that we do in the school. A member of the clergy takes assembly once a week and the children take part in services at St John’s at Christian festivals throughout the year.